International Student Applications

We are always delighted to receive applications from outside Germany. However, apart from passing the aptitude test, you must also meet some other criteria before you can start studying for a degree at the Mainz School of Music. These include, amongst other things, possession of the university entrance qualification and knowledge of German.

For more detailed information on the relevant procedures and the necessary documentation, please visit the JGU information website for international applicants. Make an appointment with the staff there and you will get a lot of good advice.

Applicants with international school and/or study degree documents have to submit the application for “Recognition of foreign certificates and diplomas” Online to the International Admission Office no later than 10.09. for an application for the summer semester and no later than 10.02. for an application for the winter semester

After that date a timely process cannot be guaranteed until the 01.04 (Application deadline for the entrance exam for the winter semester) or the 01.11. (Application deadline for the entrance exam for the summer semester)

You will only be accepted for the entrance exam with a valid recognition document. The document must be included with the application to the School of Music.